Monday, March 1, 2010

Wanna see my stash??

I didn't get many things done this week.  I started many projects, but finished nothing.

I did go to thrift stores, antique malling (is that a word?) and Craig's list cavorting.  Wanna see?


Silver plated trays salt & pepper shakers, creamer and sugar.  Same pattern, different places.  Can you believe it?

A very loved or unloved baby cup.  It looked so sad sitting there.  I fell for it immediately.

 
  
Full size silver plated souvenir spoons.


 
So simple white ceramic gravy boat.  A whole quarter for this!


 
I loved the green of this little dish.  I had to grab it up.

 
These little cuties are made of tin. I'm guessing that they once held candy.
It's my 2nd favorite buy of the weekend.

 
These little baby shoes are my favorite!  How cute are these tiny things.
They are so small, I'm guessing that they are newborn,

How cute are these in the cloche?  I also bought the needlework table runner.


Now this was the biggest buy this weekend. I found this on Craig's list. You may want to grab a barf bag or bucket.



 
Wowza!  Ain't she UGLY?!   This will be my first furniture rehab.  I can't decide what color to paint it.
My husband wants black. I just know that green has got to go! 
What color do you think we should go with?
Tell me in the comments!


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Black would be awesome! But so would a yellow or a coral. I've never been to your house, so this is based on what I would do. I'm so selfish!

    Can't wait to see the after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the green. That 'top' part, after a little more stabilizing at the base, would make the perfect little kitchenette for a girl. I had one just like that when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like there is a lot of potential!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great stuff! that hutch will be really pretty. I like black, but to tell you the truth, I don't like to dust... and black sure does show the dust! :(
    thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about my headboard bench. You know the best thing about having bed parts is... they don't take up much room! :) I know, I have lots of 'em stored.
    take care,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun! Whose jealous now? Me! I can't wait to see your buffet and hutch after you've refinished it. It doesn't look too bad now. Just sayin'. I like green - matches my eyes.

    Blessings,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I am your latest follower!!! You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, that green kind of looks like the antigued green bedroom that I had as a kid in the 70s. I like the idea of black. I will be anxious to see what you do.

    TOTALLY LOVE the shoes in the cloche!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, you won our Giveaway over at Finding FABULOUS! A $15 gift certificate to put towards anything in Jeanine's Etsy shop from One Cheap B*tch! Come over to my blog to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very special. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love your great treasures! All the silver and the baby shoes are sweet finds. I would paint the unit black or aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would probably paint it black or white since then I would be able to use it in different areas of my home. I know once I redo a piece of furniture I never want to paint it again:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I double dog dare you!