Monday, February 15, 2010

The little drummer boy that would not leave.

If you ever saw the movie "Trilogy of Terror", you are sure to remember this guy.

 
You know the little doll that came to life and tried to kill Karen Black's character?   No matter what she did to him he would come back and go after her? That's how I started to feel about the Little Drummer Boy.


 
He took 1 can of primer, 1/2 a can of white spray paint and a few coats of acrylic paint.  It was scary how he
would keep showing  up after each coat.  Like he was taunting me.  Finally, after warning him he was about to get sanded off, he vanished. Never to be seen again.

I ignored the child labor laws and put my three year old to work.  She helped me with some painting

 
Don't you always paint in your Dora panties, headband and My Little Pony ankle bracelet?
When all was said and done, I had this:
I bought the letters at Michael's on clearance for 99 cents each.  The flatware was snagged at a thrift store for 25 cents each.  I may end up painting  a black border around the ridge of the board, but for now I'm leaving it be.
It will go somewhere in my kitchen of course, but I have no idea where.

Here is a little better shot.
 


What do you think?  Like it??


I'll be with all the cool kids over here ===================================>

17 comments:

  1. Wow I luv luv it, I have a cricut machine this can be done easily using vinyl..
    Thanks
    Maggie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love it! I've been wanting some "EAT" letters in our kitchen too, I may need to try something like this.

    (Stopping over from Cindy's) Take Care!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap that EAT sign is sooo freakin' cool. I would so do that if I hadn't already tortured the crap out of myself hanging "EAT" on the wall (and centering it, and straightening it,. . . arr)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! Super cute, I could use one for my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sign! Just have to mentioned that I was four when that movie came out. I remember spending the night with my grandparents and falling asleep in bed with them one Friday or Saturday night when I was between 7 and 10. I woke up to go to the bathroom and this darn movie was on the tv and even though only saw about 5 to 10 minutes of it....I still remember it to this day. Just didn't know the name of the movie until now. Hilarious that she put him in luggage and cut his way out of it, the part I saw. I am know 38 years old...can't believe the things that stick with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like it! And your post made me giggle - don't we all have something that just won't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny.... love the sign.. I just hope that little boy does not seep through in a few years...lol
    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's cute and you made me smile. And yes, Dora panties should be a must!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! I love how it turned out!! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodbye drummer boy, hello cute! I really like the silverware on it!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! did you nail the flatware in or just glue it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable. What great repurposing. So so cute!

    Thanks for linking this up. I love it!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. too cute! i'm hosting a 8 day giveaway check it out

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I double dog dare you!